Friday, April 19, 2013

Want Anything Elsa?

New Favorite Spot!


Last night, I visited a fantastic cocktail bar, suggested by my very cute date. I don't tend to venture to Alphabet City (something about the street names turning into letters is intimidating). I need to start expanding my horizons by including this in my go-to neighborhoods. What Elsa lacks in a website, it makes up for in lovely cocktails (the spot does have a Facebook though, https://www.facebook.com/elsabarnyc). While I waited for my date, I ordered two drinks...for research!

Black Book 



This feisty and spicy cocktail is a mix of bourbon, jalapeno, honey, lemon, cinnamon, and cardamom. It is simply divine. I'd recommend it to anyone that wants to try a bourbon based cocktail with a little character. Next...onto something a bit smoky...

Death of a Ladies' Man



With this choice, I was adventurous. Sometimes, trying new things doesn't pay off, this was one of those times. The drink was a bit too smoky for me! The ingredients included: rye, maple, Laphroaig 10 yr old scotch, lemon and tobacco bitters. This experience taught me once again that I'm not a huge fan of scotch or tobacco (but I knew that). Once my date arrived (I got there a little early...research!), I ordered a sweet drink.

Two French Sisters



This drink is my JAM. A dreamy blend of vodka, St. Germain, lemon, orange bitters, and topped with Champagne. If I hadn't already had 2 (strong) drinks, I would have ordered another one of these babies. 

I highly recommend discovering the cocktail menu at Elsa. It is a great place to spend some time, especially on a great first date!

xoxo,
Liz


  

No comments:

Post a Comment