Sunday, November 3, 2013

Gramercy Tavern

Catching up with a Mentor over Manhattans


My old boss, John, was in town and suggested we catch up over a meal at the bar at Gramercy Tavern (http://www.gramercytavern.com/). He has been such a great mentor to me over the past couple of years; especially in my transition to business school from investment banking. To celebrate my job offer, I ordered a Bulleit Rye Manhattan. I need to support my brands!!

Bulleit Rye hits the Spot - the brandied cherries are a classy touch!

As an appetizer, I ordered four oysters. So yummy!!

Oysters, on the rocks

As my main course, I ordered the crispy duck leg with zucchini and grilled pole beans. Absolutely delicious. 

Quack Quack Nom Nom

To round out the meal, I finished with a Blue Bottle cappuccino.

I heart this drink

This place is super fancy (even at the bar area where we ate) - it has one Michelin star. It was a wonderful place to catch up with John. I will need to go back - that was one hell of a Manhattan!

Cheers, 
Liz






No comments:

Post a Comment