Sunday, July 7, 2013

Call the Nurse!

This Prescription is Quite a Pickle!


Before we had dinner at Beauty & Essex, I wanted to try out a new cocktail spot. I read favorable reviews about Nurse Bettie (http://nursebettie.com/). The bar has a reputation for Burlesque and the bartender was a real character! People in NYC go crazy for Pickleback shots, but I refuse to get in on that action. My interest was piqued however when I saw the Pickle Martini - this sounds more like me!


The drink includes gin, Pickle Guy's pickle juice, dry vermouth and fresh black pepper. I was shocked at how much I loved the drink! I always wanted to be cool and like dirty martinis, but whenever I order them I don't like them. This, however, was SO DELICIOUS! It was more a hint of pickles than overwhelming. Really balanced, a bit salty, but I love salty. Make sure to order a nice tall glass of water with it! Yum! New favorite!

Bottoms up,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment